Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kaikoura Seafest

This weekend was awesome!  It started out with my first time playing lazer tag thursday night.  A group of over thirty people including all of IES played.  We played boys versus girls!  The boys won but I still got second place out of the girls and beat half of the boys scores!  I think I found my calling haha.  

Drive to Kaikoura
Friday so many people ventured up to Kaikoura for the Kaikoura Seafest - "one of New Zealand's premier events."  I rode in Max's car with Max, Steph, Cathy, and Lindsay.  Luke drove Jess, Mike Frost, Tom, and Brad.  The stunning scenery in Kaikoura blew my mind again.  Friday night we went to the Big Top Bash concert.  Cover bands played all great music and we danced all night.  That night we camped out in Luke's friend's yard.  Some people pitched tents but I slept in Max's car with Max and Cathy.  


Kaikoura Seafest

We woke up Saturday and walked to the Seafest.  It was packed with thousands of people from all over enjoying Kaikoura and the best seafood and wine there is to offer.  Many people were dressed up.  There was an impressive variety tents.  I tried mussels for the first time and loved them, although I still think they look so gross haha.  We spent most of time in the cuisine tent hosted by the Teppanyaki Queens.  They showed us how to prepare amazing meals with fresh seafood and meat.  The best part was the free food and wine samples!
Teppanyaki Queens

No comments:

Post a Comment